Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One year later, almost the same issues

It seems I haven't posted in a year. Oddly enough, this time last year we were waiting for Irene, anticipating yet another basement flood. As it turns out, we made it through Irene fairly well with that. Of course, we lost power for 6 days while people 7 houses away did not. As I recall, it was not exactly an awesome end to my summer vacation. A year later, my office is recovering from a flood that happened - twice - on the first day of summer vacation. After a crappy job installing a sump pump and leaving my floor 2.25 inches higher on one side than the other, the end is in sight. In 3 weeks I should have a new, level floor and then, with a little luck, a nice, new, vinyl plank floor. This has started the basement renovation, so at least if my office had to flood, it kicked us in the butt to get moving on making it a nice, open space suitable for entertaining. But again, not an awesome end to summer. This has left almost no chance for scrapbooking (everything is in boxes.) I did manage a weekend crop with my SCS Pal Liz...which was fun with her and her pal...but overall totally sucked as a crop experience. I also managed to get to my first CKC and took 7 classes, 6 of which were amazing. Here's to a peaceful school year to all - especially me - and the hope that I update this more than once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to leave some blog love on layouts, cards, & projects to be entered into the blog candy drawing! Leave your blog info so we can return the love!