Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lesson of the Day...

If you are a 10th grader - or more - sitting in my Global class and I repeatedly tell you to learn Stalin since, say, January because "you'll need him for the Regents," you might want to listen. Same if I tell you that about Mao starting in February. And when I describe how "versatile" they are for Regents essays you might want to pay attention. That outline I'll give you about how to get the highest essay score when using Stalin and Mao for your essay topic, if you can use them...you might want to read it.

For example: on TODAY'S Regents Exam one of the essays was on leaders and changes they created in a society. Hummmmm...sounds vaguely familiar...

The other essay was on Geography and it's affect on societies, which I correctly guessed and told them to learn. I could not predict it being limited to monsoons, cold climates, and deserts, but it's a DBQ so they had significant help. (I don't get the concept of a DBQ essay yet, to me it defeats the purpose of writing an essay.)

I did see a lot of Stalin, not so much about Mao. Most wrote the 3 pages I require of them, so they might have a fighting chance yet. I'll have the resutls Friday afternoon. I'll keep you posted. Fingers crossed please!!

After that, it's back to crafting. WOO HOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to leave some blog love on layouts, cards, & projects to be entered into the blog candy drawing! Leave your blog info so we can return the love!