Friday, November 26, 2010

Still not dry...

You probably have a group of scrap friends just like mine. One of us sees seomthing new, she tell us about it (posting on FB, our Group site, etc.)...and the rest of us squeal with delight and pledge to buy it RIGHT NOW off the Internet. I will be the first to admit, I generally lead the charge and am never the voice of reason. Never.

A friend posted a new punch item many weeks ago now, and the ooooo's and ahhhhh's started up right away. Clearly I was coming down with something even then, because I found myself posting "you really don't need that, you can do the same thing with Nesties." I could hardly believe my own eyes. Was that my name next to that post? Had I actually said I didn't need something new? That's just crazy talk.

But alas, 'twas me. And to prove my point, I actually broke out some Nesties and made a card. But then I took it a step further, and then one more. I stamped on acetate, colored with Sharpies, used my Liquid Glass, embossed with a Cutttlebug folder, and even colored over those embossed flakes with a glitter pen. But it still didn't look right...and then I remembered...white craft ink. So I colored this little guy on the back with the ink, and voila:



So here's the catch. I made this card on October 13th. The craft ink is still tacky. I tried a heat gun (but it didn't agree with the acetate.) Seriously...I could still grab some embossing powders and they would work just fine. I literally just touched it again and, yep, still not dry...

As always, thanks for stopping by! Please be sure to leave your blog address for me so I can check out your work as I find time to troll the blog scene!

4 comments:

  1. Really cute!! have u tried maybe going over the white that is tacky with liquid glass the lg would dry and seal it. to be honest i dont think it will dry on its own. good luck. if u get a chance to blog surf mine is www.creativeramblings345.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, you are so funny! Love the card, and I hope your craft ink dries before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throw some fun flock on the tacky part! Voila--no more tack!

    Cute cute, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! But the answer to why it is still wet is the pigment craft ink. Being acetate and non porous the pigment acts just like dye ink it never soaks in or dries completely. A solvent ink is the only way to get it to dry on a non porous. But I think that Alessner is right. Liquid glass should work. Let me know how it goes and I hope it 'dries' or at least stays put.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to leave some blog love on layouts, cards, & projects to be entered into the blog candy drawing! Leave your blog info so we can return the love!