Monday, May 30, 2011

Where did the time go?

The cloud of doom has started to move away...I hope. After many delays and a weeks of "one day" jobs to get the kitchen floor fixed - properly - I am happy to report that it is, indeed, finished. And I LOVE it. Onward to the floor molding and getting the kitchen back into working order. And, if Sears doesn't screw up Saturday and bring me yet another scratched refrigerator, I'll be one step closer to that. If not, I'll be on the hunt again for another fridge...and not from Sears.

There are just 7 days of classes left before finals and Regents...and I can hardly believe how the year flew. It seems like just yesterday I was writing about being the new girl in the building to which I was sent, and now here we are with no time left! Let's just say that this has been one of the most amazing years I've had, and it's due to the people I was with this year. I also walk away feeling a little (OK, a lot) vindicated. That's huge, trust me.

Things must be looking up, because for the first time since the flood I felt like making something. I actually made 5 Chirstmas cards for a workshop - and even Mike thnks they're pretty good, lol! To be fair, I CASEd all but 1 to some degree. Still, 5 cards for that plus 3 additional cards for a "just stamped cards" event we're working on...in just 2 days...a minor miracle. I heard some snide comment about that being a sign of the Rapture as I walked through the living room last night...

I will post some of my new creations soon - I'll take them with my new SLR. I guess the flood wasn't all bad, lol!

As always, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Denise, I haven't been keeping up with your blog so I just now read about all that has been going on. So sorry to hear about the tough time you've been having, but it sounds like things are looking up a little, yes? Will we see you at CTMH convention this July?

    ReplyDelete

Remember to leave some blog love on layouts, cards, & projects to be entered into the blog candy drawing! Leave your blog info so we can return the love!