Thursday, July 17, 2014

"Why don't you finish any layouts in your layout workshops?"

I get this question a lot.  Here are the reasons why you walk out with the layouts as shown in the pictures I've posted recently:

  • First, it just takes too long. I'd rather get the foundations of 5 done at once than get just 1 layout fully finished. Plus, if you want ink, & titles, & journaling...are you really going to finish it?
  • Second, it means figuring out pictures in advance - so printing, figuring out sizes, extra paper for mats...too much stress lol! 
  • Third, it ...would mean carrying way more than you need to do a basic layout.
  • Fourth, if you're like me you need every last thing in your stash handy "just in case," which just is not possible 
  • Fifth, I don't always have photos like I like for the paper at that moment.
  • Last - & most importantly for me - the point is to get my paper hoard cut & used!! For me, it's better to have 50 layouts "ready to go" than 10 packs of still-unused paper packs!
I hope this helps clear up some of the questions you may have!  If not, feel free to post it below or on my Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/denisescreativecave


As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to leave some blog love on layouts, cards, & projects to be entered into the blog candy drawing! Leave your blog info so we can return the love!