Monday, August 5, 2013

Kits & Cutting Guides Video, Part 3

This last "segment" shows how many layouts I have finished since the beginning of June using cutting guides & kits.  I admit, this is a little deceiving.  A few of these layouts were Workshops on the Go (a Close to my Heart program you might be familiar with), but I made a few more layouts with the leftovers.  They're not all in this binder because (1) I forgot I had a few in a 2nd binder and (2) they aren't "done" so are in one of 3 piles I have going on.  Some were done a while ago but never "finished."

"Finishing" is always the longest part of the layout process for me.  However, with 90% of the layouts you see in the binder all I had to do was figure out the embellishment & titles.  Granted, that takes me forever.  Still, I was able to concentrate on finishing instead of entire layouts.  I prefer to finish at home - it's just too much stuff to carry to a crop (markers, inks, chipboards, Cricut cartridges, colors of every carstock...no thanks, unless it's a full weekend crop.  If I have the girls over I can concentrate & brainstorm with them for ideas (since "finishing touches" is my weakness with layouts as far as I'm concerned), and then I'm done.  If I'm going to a day crop - all I need is base sheets, some kits, adhesive, my trimmer & an extra blade, and brown ink for edging (because I like to distress depending on the layout & paper.)  Maybe I'll bring a stitch template with me and a brown marker...but that's it.

So, a lot of the binder is from a "paper kit" as we discussed them a few days ago.  I am going to a crop on Saturday and plan to bring my graph paper, layout sketches, pens, pencils, ruler, and maybe a few kits with basic supplies just in case I get a lot of cutting guides finished.  If I do, these layouts will get posted once finished and the cutting guides will be available as a "gift with purchase" at that time.  With any luck I'll finish a few more paper packs of layouts before school starts (and in between lesson prepping.)  Wish me luck!

Here is the link for Video #3:
https://www.facebook.com/denisescreativecave


P.S. If you live on Long Island, check out SuLu Crops.  They are monthly day crops in Suffolk County, and for a great price you get lunch & dinner (did I mention Sue is an awesome cook?!) &  meet new friends to scrap with.  It's always a good time & friendly bunch.  Here's their Facebook Page so you can join it for all the info on their upcoming events!  Maybe I'll see you there!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/226485097386793/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to leave some blog love on layouts, cards, & projects to be entered into the blog candy drawing! Leave your blog info so we can return the love!